Now Serving Gluten-Free Pizza in Palo Alto
Gluten is a type of protein found in a number of popular grains, including wheat, barley, and rye. Some people are sensitive to this protein, while others simply cannot process it at all. If you suffer from chronic nausea, there’s a chance that you could have a gluten sensitivity or intolerance. Not to worry—embracing a gluten-free diet is easy and can even be good for you. In fact, you might decide to go gluten-free even if you have no problem digesting gluten. Whatever your reason for going gluten-free, Pizza Chicago of Palo Alto would love to serve you gluten-free pizza.
Breads, crackers, and other foods that use certain grains typically contain gluten. Gluten has been known to affect people in a wide variety of ways. Here are two examples of how gluten can make life difficult.
- Gluten Sensitivity: People who are sensitive to gluten tend to experience a number of gastrointestinal problems after ingesting gluten. However, these symptoms aren’t as severe as they are for people with celiac disease. Resent research suggests that these symptoms have less to do with gluten and more to do with other compounds found in grains.
- Celiac Disease: People with celiac disease cannot properly digest gluten. An abnormal immune response to gluten can cause skin rashes, anemia, and serious intestinal damage. An estimated 1% of Americans have celiac disease, and most cases go undiagnosed.
If you suspect that you have a sensitivity to gluten, you might give gluten-free foods a try. Going gluten-free isn’t as hard as you might think, and can yield some wonderful results.
- Finding Good Alternatives: As more and more people go gluten-free, the number of delicious options continues to increase. For example, Pizza Chicago is proud to offer gluten-free pizza.
- Enjoying Health Benefits: It won’t be long before you notice the benefits of a gluten-free diet. Going gluten-free may improve your mood, help you focus, boost your energy levels, and aid digestion.
- Getting Enough Nutrients: If you’re going to cut gluten out of your diet, be sure to find good alternative sources of iron, B vitamins, fiber, and other nutrients found in whole grains. Quinoa and amaranth are two gluten-free whole grains that have plenty of nutrients.
If you are currently on a gluten-free diet or would like to try a gluten-free pizza before taking the plunge, come down to Pizza Chicago of Palo Alto. You can also call (650) 424-9400 to have our delicious Chicago-style pizza delivered to your door.
TOP 10 reasons to eat at Pizza Chicago
- If you don't, we'll hold our breath until you do.
- You've always got a friend here.
- We keep hoping his Airness will eat here; you wouldn't want to miss that would you?
- We let you talk with your mouth full.
- Your mother would want you to.
- This might be the closest you ever get to Chicago!
- We need the money.
- You'll have an alluring, sexy glow after eating our pizzas.
- We might even name a pizza after you.
- Hey, Glen Campbell ate here, should you?