Sometimes we just don’t want to cook. We also don’t want to go through the trouble of finding a restaurant at such short notice. When this occurs, families and individuals all over the country turn to a beloved meal option that never disappoints: pizza delivery . Pizza is one of the most commonly consumed foods in the country, with over one billion pizzas being delivered each year. Pizza delivery provides the satisfying taste of a restaurant-cooked pizza with the ease and convenience of dining at home!
Of course, this fantastic service wouldn’t be available without the dedicated work of pizza delivery drivers. These employees make their way around town, finding each order’s address, and delivering pizzas and other food and drink items with a smile. A day in the life of a pizza delivery driver involves:
- Packing up the orders. Once a customer’s order is complete, the driver must check that all items are correct. Depending on the amount of orders as well as the proximity of the homes, drivers may take a few orders out at once. They carefully pack each order into their vehicle to ensure that the orders stay fresh and delicious.
- Driving to the customer. Drivers use their own vehicles to make their deliveries. Most pizza shops only deliver within a certain proximity, making it easier for the drivers to find their locations.
- Tasks at the store. When delivery drivers have no deliveries, they have responsibilities at the store to take care of. Many delivery drivers are also in charge of washing dishes, preparing dough, and cleaning the store. Some drivers answer phones and take down orders that they’ll deliver once they have been prepared.
At Pizza Chicago-San Jose & Palo Alto , we deliver the best Chicago style pizza around! You can take a look at our mouth-watering menu online, order, and then have your customized deep-dish pizza delivered right to your home.
Pizza is one of the most popular and commonly eaten foods throughout the country. It is estimated that Americans consume about 100 acres worth of pizza every single day! This classic combination of dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings is great for nights at home with the family, celebrations after sporting events and hanging out with friends. In other words, pizza is a perfect meal choice for nearly any occasion.
Creating your perfect pizza means making your way through a nearly endless list of options. Toppings come in a wide variety, ranging from the more common choices of pepperoni and mushrooms to the more unique choices of artichoke hearts and shrimp. But toppings aren’t the only choices you’ll have to make, you also have to choose the style of pizza you want. For many pizza-fans, Chicago style pizza is the only choice for a number of reasons. Here is a short list of three.
- Delicious deep-dish style. While many pizzas come with a thin and flimsy crust, Chicago style pizzas are designed to have between 2 and 3 inches of height in their crust. This makes the pizza much heavier and heartier.
- More toppings. Thin-crust pizzas tend to be a bit light on the toppings, but Chicago style pizzas lay it on thick. You can expect plenty of delicious tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, meats, and other toppings you love.
- Better design. Other pizzas layer the dough with sauce and then cheese and toppings. Chicago style pizzas layer the dough with cheese and toppings, and then add the sauce on the very top. Many pizza lovers prefer this style because it lets the cheese and toppings blend more with the dough.
When it comes to Chicago style pizza, eating is believing. At Pizza Chicago-San Jose & Palo Alto , we serve some of the best Chicago style pizza in all of California. We have delicious specialty pizzas, as well as the classics.
Do you want to learn more about the origins of pizza? Are you interested in finding out more about unusual pizza toppings? These websites have everything you need to know to become a pizza expert!
- Take a look at this helpful page from About.com to read up on the history of the pizza pie.
- Head over to this page from LifeInItaly.com for a deeper look at the origins of pizza and its role in Italian history.
- This page from TLC’s HowStuffWorks.com offers a list of favorite pizza toppings from 10 different countries.
- You can learn more about strange pizza toppings from around the world on this page from Gather.com.
- Take time to look at this article from WomansDay.com to read about even more of the most popular pizza toppings around the world.
When it comes to pizza, everybody has their favorite type. Some prefer the thinner crust of a New York style pizza, but others love the Chicago style deep-dish pizza. In this video, you can learn how to make your very own Chicago style pizza.
This deep-dish stuffed pizza doesn’t just offer amazing toppings; it also packs them inside! Every bite of a deep-dish stuffed pizza is rich and hearty due to the extra filing cooked in between the two separate dough circles.
If you are ready to give this amazing deep-dish pizza a try, then head down to Pizza Chicago-San Jose & Palo Alto where Chicago style pizza is our specialty!
- History of Pizza
- Events & Parties
- Pizz'a Chicago
- Planning a Party
- Pizza Party
- Birthday Party
- Pizza Places
- Pizza Toppings
- Homemade Pizza
- Margarita Pizza
- Chicago deep dish
- Chicago Style Pizza
- Gluten free
- Dessert & Sweets
- Veggie Pizza
- Date Night